Gifford Community Path Network
- Blackford and Braid Hills
- Cockenzie to Aberlady
- Dalkeith Country Park
- Dryden Tower Circuit
- Dunbar cliff-top trail
- Dunbar to Dunglass
- East Linton to Hailes Castle
- Edinburgh city centre to Royal Botanic Garden
- Edinburgh Old Town
- Fala Flow
- Fisherrow to Cockenzie
- Gifford Community Path Network
- Gladhouse Reservoir Circuit
- Gore Glen Woodland Park
- Hill End Trail
- Holyrood Park and Arthur's Seat
- Mount Lothian
- Newtongrange Mining Museum Town Trail
- Nine Mile Burn - West Kip - Nine Mile Burn
- North Berwick Law
- North Esk Reservoir
- Pencaitland and Ormiston Community Path Network
- Penicuik to Musselburgh Cycleway
- Pentland Peaks
- River Esk
- Rosewell to Roslin Glen Circuit
- Roslin and the North Esk Valley
- Roslin Glen
- Stobshiel - Lammer Law - Longyester
- Vogrie Country Park: Tyne Valley Path
- Vogrie: Blinkbonny Circuit
Discover a network of paths that has been developed by the local community around the picturesque village of Gifford, situated four miles south of Haddington.
Height gain: 0 metres
OS Map: Explorer 345 Lammermuir Hills
Local residents worked with landowners to develop the Gifford Community Path Network, a variety of different walks around the village and the surrounding countryside; including farm walks and a path along the river to the neighbouring village of Bolton. There are many other informal paths in the area as well as long distance walks and cycle routes across the Lammermuir Hills and along quiet roads.
The routes offer the chance to see a great variety of wildlife within only a short distance of the village. Herons and dippers are often spotted on the river and great-spotted woodpeckers and roe deer are commonly seen in the woods. Brown hares abound in the fields around Gifford and buzzards are often seen in the area.
By Car:- Gifford is approximately 30 minutes from Edinburgh city centre.
SearchSkip search forms
Search for accommodation
Search for attractions
Search for events
Search for activities
Book online or call us:
0845 859 1006
Monday to Friday: 0900 - 1700
Closed Saturday and Sunday
* Calls may be recorded.
Sign up now to receive regular e-newsletters and be the first to hear about the latest news, exciting events and festivals.
Edinburgh and the Lothians sits on the eastern side of Scotland's central belt, in the heart of the country.